Total Calories: 438
Yield: 12 muffins
• Preheat the oven to 375°F. Oil the muffin tins.
• Cook the yams by peeling, cutting, and steaming in a covered pot. Measure out 1 cup of the packed yams, and place in a small bowl. Mix in the stevia extract, stevia concentrate, date sugar, and maple flavoring. Leave the yams a bit lumpy. Set aside to cool.
• In a cup, mix the lemon juice and soymilk or milk. Set aside. While the milk is curdling, sift the flours, leavenings, spices, and salt together in a bowl. Chop the pecans.
• Beat the oil and eggs together in a mixing bowl with a wire whisk. Beat in the soured milk. Stir in the sweetened yams.
• Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add the pecans just before the flour is completely mixed in. Save about 1/4 cup of the pecans to sprinkle on the top. Press them in lightly. Spoon into the oiled muffin pans, and bake 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool on a rack.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.