Total Calories: 163
Yield: 16 biscuits
• Preheat the oven to 400°F.
• Cook the yam by peeling, cutting into pieces, and steaming.
• Sift the flour, salt, stevia extract, and powdered stevia leaf (optional) together into a large mixing bowl. Cut the butter or margarine into the flour with a pastry blender or fork until evenly distributed.
• Blend the soymilk or milk and yam together in the blender. Make a well in the center of the flour. Pour the liquid into the flour, and mix. The batter should pull away from the sides of the bowl. Add a little more flour if necessary.
• Drop from a spoon onto an unoiled cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
NOTE: You may use 3 tablespoons of oil instead of butter or margarine, but the flavor and texture will not be as good. Also be careful about adding too much flour.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.