Total Calories: 208
• Place a rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Oil and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
• Cream the softened butter with a mixer or wire whisk in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the honey and stevia extract until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the milk powder.
• Mix the yogurt, water, and vanilla together in a cup or small bowl.
• Sift the flours, leavenings, and salt together twice. Mix a third of the flour into the butter batter. Stir in half of the yogurt-water mixture. Mix in another third of the flour, then the other half of the liquid, and finally the last of the flour. Work quickly and don’t over-beat. Mix just until well blended.
• Divide the batter between the two pans. Smooth the top surfaces with a spatula. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Turn the cakes onto a cooling rack.
• If the center of the cakes peak, shave off at least one of the layers so it is flat.
• Lay sliced fresh strawberries on the top of the bottom layer. Put a generous layer of Strawberry Filling on top of the berries. Place the second layer on top of the bottom. Serve the cake topped with whipped cream and whole berries, or frost with Lemon Icing or Coconut Frosting.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.