Total Calories: 199
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Oil and dust with flour a 10 or 12 cup bundt pan. Place a rack in the lower third of the oven.
• Grind the poppyseeds in a blender; pulse 3 or 4 times only. Heat the soymilk or milk to the boiling point in a small pan. Turn off the heat and mix in the poppyseeds. Set aside.
• Mix the oil and tahini or almond butter together in a large bowl. Beat in the honey or maple syrup and stevia extract. Add the vanilla or almond extract, applesauce, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Beat the eggs well in a small bowl. Add the eggs to the batter, and beat with a hand mixer until the batter is fluffy.
• Sift the flours, leavenings, and salt together twice. Alternate adding the flour and milk/poppyseeds to the egg batter. Mix in a third of the flour, then 1/2 of the milk, 1/3 of the flour, the other half of the milk, and finally the rest of the flour. Work quickly and do not over-mix. Spoon into the pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then turn onto a rack.
• Top with Lemon Icing (page 161) or use Cream Cheese Frosting (page 162). If using Lemon Icing, frost when the cake is still hot, and let the icing run down the sides.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.