Total Calories: 237
• Preheat the oven to 300°F.
• Place the crackers or cookies in a plastic bag, close the bag, and crush with a rolling pin. Place in a small bowl.
• Melt the butter or margarine, and mix it into the crumbs a little at a time with a fork until well distributed. (It will look like slightly wet coarse sand.) Sprinkle in the fruit juice, and stir until evenly mixed. Mix in just enough juice to make the grains start clumping together. Press the crumbs into the bottom of an 8 or 9-inch springform pan and 1 inch up the side, using your fingers or a fork. Bake in a 300°F oven for 15 minutes. Cool.
• (Note: Omit the following procedure for making the filling if using a food processor. Simply put all the filling ingredients together in the processor container, and mix well.)
• If mixing by hand, proceed with the following directions. Press the cottage cheese through a fine-mesh strainer. Blend the melted butter into the cottage cheese.
• Beat the eggs in a small bowl, and add in 4 parts to the cottage cheese, beating well after each addition. Mix in the maple syrup or honey, stevia extract, vanilla, salt, flour, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Stir until the mixture is smooth and thoroughly blended.
• Pour the batter gently into the cake pan. Bake for 1 hour. Shut the oven off but leave the cake inside the oven for 1 1/2 more hours. Do not open the oven door.
• Chill the cake in the refrigerator before serving. Up to 12 hours is recommended.
• Top with Strawberry Topping (optional) before serving.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.