Total Calories: 286
Yield: 16 cookies
• Preheat the oven to 375°F. Oil a cookie sheet.
• Grind the almonds to a fine meal in the blender. Place in a bowl and set aside.
• Blend the tofu and orange juice in the blender.
• Cream the almond butter and oil together in a mixing bowl. Stir in the date sugar, almond extract, stevia extract, and grated orange rind. Add the blended tofu (or egg) and mix well.
• Stir the almond meal, flour, leavenings, and salt together in a bowl. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Add just enough flour so that the batter stops sticking to the sides of the bowl and forms a ball. Chill the dough for easier handling.
• Roll the dough into small balls with your hands and, place on the cookie sheet. Flatten the cookies to about 1/4 inch thick with the palm of your hand. Press 1/2 almond, cut lengthwise, in the center of each cookie. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.