Total Calories: 743.125
1. In a wide-bottom bowl, toss eggs, vanilla, milk, and cinnamon lightly with a fork until scrambled. Preheat griddle to medium high.
2. Place blueberries in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for 4 minutes. (These will eventually cook down to about 1½ cups.)
3. Once the griddle is hot, coat with non-stick cooking spray. Dip bread in egg mixture, one by one, just until each side is completely coated and place on hot griddle. Cook until brown (about 1-2 minutes) then flip and cook 1 minute on second side. If your griddle only accommodates 4 slices at a time, repeat process with the remaining 4.
4. Meanwhile, stir cornstarch into the warm blueberry liquid. Cook 2 minutes more, until thick and bubbly.
5. Serve each person two slices of French Toast with approximately 1/3 cup blueberry topping. Add sliced fresh fruit of your choice like melons, oranges, peaches or pears. For added protein and staying power, add a 1/2 oz slice of reduced-fat cheese.
Whole-Grain French Toast