Total Calories: 3,128.663
1. 4-9 hours before serving: Place chicken, pineapple, pepper stir fry, and barrots in slow cooker, in the order given.
2. Pour sweet and sour sauce over all. Cook on low 8 to 9 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours.
3. 10 minutes before serving: Place rice and water in microwave-safe dish.
4. Add broccoli to rice. Cover and microwave 9 minutes on HIGH.
5. Portion each plate with 1 cup of rice and broccoli, one chicken breast and 1/2 cup sauce with peppers and pineapple. Then sprinkle each portion with a “dusting” of fresh grated ginger root before serving. (I keep fresh ginger root in the freezer at all times. It’s always “fresh” and available, and grates easily.) Return unused ginger root to freezer promptly.
Sweet & Sour Chicken over Brown Rice
This Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe is from the Lickety Split Meals Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.