Total Calories: 9,049.458
1. 8 to 11 hours before serving: Rinse split peas in a colander, pick over for stones and place in slow cooker.
2. Chop celery, carrots, and onion and place in slow cooker.
3. Place remaining ingredients (minus ham) in slow cooker and mix.
4. Cook on HIGH 8 to 9 hours or on LOW 10 to 11 hours.
5. 30 minutes before or just before serving: Cut ham into small cubes. Add in the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
6. Serve with crackers or Cornbread, tossed salad and low-fat frozen yogurt for dessert.
Split Pea Soup
Cornbread (make ahead; page 281) or Crackers