Total Calories: 7,000.324
1. 9" x 13" baking dish Preheat oven to 400°
2. Clean veggies. Seed and chop peppers, chop or shred carrots, dice onions and slice mushrooms or zucchini, if using.
3. Heat oil over medium-high heat in your largest nonstick kettle and add garlic and vegetables.
4. Chop parsley . Reserve 1 to 2 T for later in recipe. Add to kettle.
5. Add turkey and/or tofu by crumbling it into the kettle. (First-time tofu users, try 1/2 tofu and 1/2 turkey. Your guests will never tell the difference.) Add herbs. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
6. Add sauce and spinach. Simmer over medium heat while you prepare the cheese mixture. When ready, move sauce to assembly line.
7. Mix ricotta, onion flakes, parsley, and Parmesan together in a medium bowl. Divide into 3 equal parts (1 for each layer) for use during the LaZonya assembly process. Place a teaspoon in the bowl for scooping.
8. Place opened bag of mozzarella in assembly line.
9. Place in grated Parmesanbowl. Place a tablespoon in bowl for use in assembly line.
10. Place opened box of lasagna in assembly line.
11. Place Italian seasoning in assembly line for sprinkling on top layer when assembly is complete.
1. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray. Place 1¾ cups sauce in the bottom of dish.
2. Layer: 4 hard noodles; 1¾ cups sauce, spread evenly; 12 flat tsps ricotta cheese dropped evenly in a 3x4 pattern; 1/2 cup mozzarella sprinkled evenly, and 2 T Parmesan cheese sprinkled evenly. Repeat layering 3 times.
3. After third Parmesan cheese sprinkle, complete the fourth and final layer with 4 hard noodles; 1½ cups sauce spread evenly; 1/2 cup mozzarella sprinkled evenly; 2 T Parmesan cheese; and Italian seasoning sprinkled evenly over top. Remember, there should be about 2 cups of leftover sauce for you to freeze for a quick meal later!
4. Pour 1/4 cup of water all around edges of dish. This provides needed steam to cook noodles.
5. Cover with aluminum foil, set timer and bake 45 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.
7. Prepare salad and garlic toast.
8. Allow 10 minutes to set before serving. Use this time to stretch and set the table!
Whole-Wheat Garlic Cheese Toast