Total Calories: 1,978.568
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Cook rice, water, and onion in a medium saucepan over medium heat about 45 minutes until done.
3. Meanwhile, wash and carefully carve open a lid of the pumpkin that provides a fairly wide opening. Be sure to carve with your knife at an angle so the lid does not slip through opening after it bakes. (A saw-tooth pattern is especially attractive.) Scoop out all seeds and pulp and discard. Set aside bowl and lid.
4. Heat oil in a large stir-fry pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and vegetables and stir-fry a few minutes.
5. Add remianing ingredients to sauté along with cooked rice. Bring to a simmer for a few minutes. There should be minimal liquid.
6. Carefully spoon mixture into pumpkin. Place pumpkin on a baking sheet, with the lid alongside. Set timer for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Consider making a colorful Marinated Vegetable Salad.
7. When timer goes off, remove from oven. Place pumpkin lid on top of pumpkin, if desired, and serve proudly. Meat from inside pumpkin will be tender and tasty to eat as well as its contents.
Jack in the Pumpkin
Marinated Vegetable Salad
This Jack in the Pumpkin recipe is from the Lickety Split Meals Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.