Total Calories: 831
Yield: 40 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 250°. Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
2. Place egg whites and salt in medium bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/2 cup of the sugar to egg whites while constantly whipping.
3. Combine water and vanilla in a cup. Add to mix, a few drops at a time, alternating with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar while constantly whipping.
4. Flake cocoa with a fork to break clumps. Sift if necessary. Fold completely into mix.
5. Place bite-size rounded teaspoons (not tablespoons) of batter onto the wax paper-lined sheets. Bake approximately 30 minutes. They will be dry on the outside, but moist and lava-like on the inside. They will retain their shape. (If they become completely dry like Styrofoam, they are overbaked.)
6. While kisses are still hot, remove from wax paper and place on a wire rack so they will not stick. After cooling, store kisses in an airtight container.
This Cocoa Lava Kisses recipe is from the Lickety Split Meals Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.