Total Calories: 2,843.375
Yield: 24 bars
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Measure raisins into a glass measuring cup. Add water and microwave for 1 minute on high. Allow to soak.
3. Place brown sugar, oil, applesauce, egg whites, milk, and vanilla in large bowl and mix thoroughly. Purée the soaking raisins in a food processor or blender. Add to large bowl and mix thoroughly. (People who don’t care for raisins will tolerate them better puréed. Puréeing increases sweetness and moisture. Raisins can be added without puréeing if you prefer.)
4. Measure and sift flour into the large bowl along with baking soda and cinnamon (or combine in another bowl using a fork to evenly distribute soda and cinnamon). Stir well into wet ingredients.
5. Add oats and walnuts and mix. Spread dough into an ungreased 9" x 13" baking dish. Bake 23 minutes. Cool and cut into 24 bars.
6. Icing: Mix powdered sugar, vanilla, and milkd together in a small bowl. Drizzle over cooled bars before or after cutting.