Total Calories: 2,877.089
Yield: 1 cake or 18 muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat one 9" x 13" baking dish, two 9" round cake pans or 18 muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Using a fork, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Be certain baking powder and soda are well distributed.
3. Mash bananas in a food processor or in a separate bowl by hand. Add liquids and bananas to dry ingredients and mix.
4. Mix in nuts and chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter evenly into prepared pan(s). Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; rectangle 40 minutes, rounds 35 minutes, muffins 22 to 25 minutes. Cool and cut into 18 squares and serve as a snacking cake. If it’s someone’s birthday, I’ll dust the entire cake with 1 T sprinkling of powdered sugar (adds negligible sugar and calories).
This Banana Nut Cake or Muffins recipe is from the Lickety Split Meals Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.