Total Calories: 199
1. In a food processor, process together the garlic, ginger, and onion to make a paste. Transfer to a bowl and process the tomatoes and cilantro until smooth.
2. Heat the oil in a small nonstick wok or saucepan over medium-high heat and fry the lentil nugget, turning the ices until browned, about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon, transfer the nugget pieces to a dish, leaving as much oil in the pan as possible.
3. Add the garlic-ginger-onion- paste to the pan and cook, stirring over medium heat until well browned, 12 to 15 minutes. (Dot cook quickly over high heat-the onions will burn and will not develop a rich flavor.)
4. Transfer the cooked paste to a pressure cooker, add the pureed tomatoes and cilantro, and cook, simmering, over medium-high heat until all the juices evaporate, 3 to 5 minutes. Mix in all the spices and salt, then add the potatoes, eggplants, fried nuggets, and water. Secure the lid and cook over high heat until the pressure regulator indicates high pressure, then cook about 30 seconds more. Remove from the heat and allow the pot to depressurize on its own, 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Carefully open the lid and check to see if the potatoes and nugget pieces are soft and the sauce is thick if not, cover and boil until soft, about 10 minutes. (For a saucier dish, add more water and bring to a boil over high heat.) Transfer to a serving dish, mix in the minced cilantro leaves and garam masala and serve.
From "1,000 Indian Recipes." Copyright 2002 by Neelam Batra. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.