Total Calories: 399
1. Combine all of the jar ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Lightly coat a nonstick griddle or large skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat.
3. Place 1 cup of the jar mixture in a medium-sized bowl. Add the egg, milk, and oil, and mix gently with a wooden spoon or whisk until well blended but slightly lumpy.
4. For each pancake, pour 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot griddle. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes, or until the top begins to bubble and the edges are dry and slightly brown. Flip the pancake over and cook another 30 to 45 seconds, or until the bottom is golden brown.
5. Serve hot with butter and syrup.
6. Transfer the remaining dry pancake mixture to the jar or another airtight container. Store in a cool dry place.
CREATING THE JAR
1. Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
2. In a large bowl, combine all of the jar ingredients listed above. PREMIXING IS REQUIRED FOR THIS RECIPE. Transfer the mixture to the canning jar.
3. Secure the lid, and decorate as desired (see The Basics: 06-Creating the Jars DECORATING THE JAR). Attach the instructions for making the pancakes found in the Gift Jar Tags chapter.
From "The Mason Jar Soup to Nuts Cookbook." Copyright 2004 by Lonnette Parks. Used with permission of the publisher, Square One Publishers. All Rights Reserved.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.