Total Calories: 819
1. Turn oven on to 375°. Grease a cookie sheet with shortening or margarine.
2. Place flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir to mix. Set aside to use later.
3. Place 1/2 cup butter or margarine, sugar, brown sugar and salt in a large mixer bowl. Turn electric mixer on to medium speed and beat until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until blended thoroughly. Turn mixer off.
4. Add dry ingredients. Turn mixer on to low speed and beat until blended. Add applesauce and wheat germ. Beat until blended.
5. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough on cookie sheet with about 2 inches of space between each.
6. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Carefully remove cookie sheet from oven with hot pads. Remove cookies to a wire cooling rack. While cookies are warm, sprinkle with Cinnamon-Sugar or colored sugar.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.