Total Calories: 186
1. Place water and 4 drops yellow food color in a plastic bag. Add coconut. Seal bag and shake until all the coconut is yellow. Set coconut aside until later.
2. Add almond extract and 5 or 6 drops yellow food color to whipped topping and stir until a bright yellow and blended.
3. Using a table knife, spread a heaping tablespoon of whipped topping on each chocolate wafer. Make stacks of four or five cookies, then stand stacks on edge on a long serving platter. Repeat until you have used all the cookies and made one long "cake," about 14 inches long.
4. Use remaining whipped topping to frost the outside of the cake.
5. Sprinkle cake with yellow coconut, pressing coconut gently to stick to whipped topping.
6. Decorate cake with candy. Cut large gumdrop in half and use for ears. Cut one small gumdrop in half and use for eyes. Use chocolate candy for nose. Cut red licorice in pieces and use for mouth and whiskers. Use remaining seven gumdrops to make a tail. A dab of whipped topping spread on the bottom of each gumdrop will help them stick to the platter.
7. Lay a piece of plastic wrap over cake. Do Not Press wrap onto cake. Refrigerate cake at least 6 hours before you serve it. If you wish, cake can also be frozen. Freeze at least 6 hours. Serve straight from the freezer.
8. When you are ready to serve, cut across a couple of cookies at an angle to show the stripes.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.