Total Calories: 2,027
1. Place cream cheese in a large bowl and wait about 30 minutes for cream cheese to soften. Note: Or place cream cheese in a large microwavable bowl. Microwave at 100% power (700 watts) for 15 seconds to soften.
2. Wash a pair of kitchen scissors. Snip parsley with scissors over a 1/2 -cup measuring cup. Snip until finely "chopped."
3. Place parsley and sunflower seeds on a piece of waxed paper and mix the two together. Set aside to use later.
4. Place Cheddar cheese, dry onion soup mix, lemon juice and cayenne pepper in bowl with cream cheese. With a spoon, stir until well mixed. Note: It might be easier to mix with clean hands.
5. Divide cheese mixture in half. Shape each into a 9-inch log. Or, if you would like, take half of the mixture and make sixteen small cheese balls, using about 1 tablespoon of the mixture for each one.
6. Roll cheese logs and balls in parsley-sunflower mixture. If making ahead, wrap each log in foil or plastic wrap. Place small balls in a plastic bag. Store in the refrigerator.
7. Serve immediately or if refrigerated, remove cheese log or balls from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. Place on a plate and surround with crackers.
Note: Cheese mixture can be spread in pieces of celery at the end of Step 4 if you wish.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.