Total Calories: 24
1. Turn oven on to 400°.
2. Cut each slice of bacon in half from one end to the other, making two long, thin strips.
3. Wrap one bacon strip around each bread stick, starting at one end of the bread stick and wrapping to the other end.
4. Place twists on the rack of a broiler pan or place twists on a wire rack on top of a jelly roll pan with about 1 inch of space between twists.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until bacon is golden brown. Carefully remove from oven with hot pads.
6. Place a few layers of paper towels on a plate. When twists are done baking, place on paper towels.
7. If you wish, roll warm bread sticks in grated cheese.
8. Serve bacon twists warm or let cool before serving, whichever you wish.
Note: Bacon twists can be cooked in a microwave oven. Wrap bacon around bread sticks as directed in Step 3. Place two bacon twists at a time on two paper towels in the microwave oven. Microwave at 100% power (700 watts) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until bacon is lightly browned.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.