1. You will need 8 graham cracker squares to build the cottage. To cut the rectangular crackers into squares, carefully score each cracker along the center line with a serrated knife, then break gently at the scored line. If you try to cut all the way through the cracker, it may shatter.
2. Cover your work surface with a large piece of waxed paper. Place the small round tube in decorating bag. Fill bag with white Royal Icing. Place 1 graham cracker square on waxed paper for bottom of cottage.
3. To start building the cottage, pipe a line of icing on bottom edge of a second graham cracker and place on bottom cracker to form a wall (see Illustration A). Hold in place until icing is firm and the wall sticks to the bottom. Pipe a line of icing on two adjoining sides of another graham cracker and attach to bottom and first wall (see Illustration B). Hold in place until icing is firm. Repeat with two additional squares to form 4 walls on bottom, joining last corner with a line of icing. Don't worry if a small amount of the icing shows. Wait for 15 minutes to give the icing a chance to dry.
4. To make the upper side walls, carefully score 1 graham cracker square diagonally, then break gently at the scored line (see Illustration C). Pipe a line of icing along one cut side almost to points and attach to top of front wall. Points will extend past side walls (see Illustration D). Hold in place until icing is firm. Repeat with second triangle and attach to back wall (see Illustration E). Wait for 15 minutes.
5. To make the roof, pipe icing on 3 sides of one of the remaining graham crackers and attach to front, back and side. Hold in place until icing is firm. Repeat with remaining graham cracker, then pipe along ridge line. The roof will hang over the side walls (see Illustration F). Wait for 15 minutes to let roof become sturdy before decorating cottage.