Total Calories: 181
1. Soak dried mushrooms reserve the soaking liquid.
2. Cut bamboo shoots lengthwise in thin slices, then in 1- by 1 1/2-inch strips. Leave mushrooms whole if small quarter if large.
3. Heat oil. Add mushrooms and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add bamboo shoots stir-fry 2 minutes more. Then blend in soy sauce and sugar.
5. Transfer vegetables to a serving platter, leaving liquids in pan. Arrange bamboo shoots underneath, mushrooms on top.
6. Blend cornstarch and mushroom-soaking liquid to a paste. Add to pan and cook, stirring, to thicken liquids. Pour sauce over vegetables and serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.