Total Calories: 76
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Drain canned abalone and cut in 1-inch cubes. Reserve liquid.
3. Mince or grind pork. Mince water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and soaked mushrooms. Crush garlic.
4. Mince ginger root then combine in a cup with sherry, oyster sauce, water and sesame oil. In another cup, blend cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and cold water to a paste.
5. Heat oil. Stir in salt. Add garlic stir-fry to brown lightly. Add minced pork and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (about 1 minute).
6. Add abalone stir-fry another 1/2 minute. Add minced vegetables and stir-fry 1/2 minute more.
7. Stir in sherry-oyster sauce mixture and heat through. Then add abalone liquid and cook, covered, 1 minute over medium heat.
8. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.