1. Mix Bisquick, salt and cream of tartar in 4-cup microwavable measuring cup. Mix water and food color. Stir colored water into dry mixture, a little at a time, until all liquid is added.
2. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute. Scrape mixture from side of cup and stir. Microwave uncovered 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring every minute, until mixture almost forms a ball. Let dough stand uncovered about 3 minutes.
3. Place dough on surface sprinkled with Bisquick. Shape into a ball knead about 1 minute or until smooth. (If dough is sticky, add 1 to 2 tablespoons Bisquick.) Cool 15 minutes. Use dough to make shapes and designs. Store dough in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Easy Fun Dough can also be baked like cookie dough to make holiday ornaments. Just follow these directions:
1. Heat oven to 225°. After kneading and cooling dough, roll dough about 1/8 inch thick on surface sprinkled with Bisquick. Cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters. Or instead of rolling dough, shape dough into desired shapes. Make a hole in top of each ornament using end of plastic straw. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
2. Bake 1 hour. Turn ornaments over. Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours longer or until ornaments sound brittle when tapped.
3. Remove ornaments from cookie sheet with spatula to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Tie ribbon or yarn through hole.
HIGH ALTITUDE (3500 to 6500 feet): No changes.
BETTY'S TIP: To make fun designs and shapes, try using different gadgets, such as pinking shears, cookie cutters, garlic press and pizza roller.
From "Betty Crocker's Bisquick Cookbook." Text Copyright 2000 General Mills, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This Easy Fun Dough recipe is from the Betty Crocker's Bisquick Cookbook Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"Call it nutrition software, meal planning software, cooking software, recipe manager, or whatever you want. It is the software I use to stay healthy!"
"Your software is the best recipe organizer and menu planner out there!"
"Thank you so very much for creating such a wonderful cooking recipe program. I think this is the best recipe program there is!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.