Total Calories: 212
1. If using anchovies, drain oil from fillets and mash in a mortar and pestle (or in the bottom of a wooden salad bowl).
2. Add garlic and mash into anchovies. Place in a wooden salad bowl, if mixture was mashed using a mortar and pestle.
3. Add lemon juice to the anchovy and garlic mixture, add 1 egg yolk; mix thoroughly to “cook” the yolk.
4. Add the olive oil and pepper, mix thoroughly.
5. Add romaine lettuce and croutons and toss to mix well.
6. Garnish with Parmesan and serve immediately.
Note : A classic Caesar salad is hard to beat. Most socalled Caesar salads don’t even come close to this one. But this salad derives 60 percent of its calories from fat and contains a significant amount of sodium. So enjoy it just once in a while, and make sure everything else you eat during the day is low in both fat and salt.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.