Total Calories: 250
1. In a medium saucepan, add soup base to water and bring to a boil.
2. In a large pot, heat olive oil over moderately low heat. Add onion, celery, carrots, peppers, and garlic.
3. Cook until onion is translucent.
4. Add rice to pot and stir until it begins to turn opaque, approximately 2 minutes.
5. Add wine and salt and stir frequently until all wine has been absorbed.
6. Add ½ cup of the simmering broth and stir frequently until broth has been completely absorbed. The rice and broth should bubble gently; adjust heat as needed.
7. Continue adding broth in ½-cup increments until rice is tender, 25 to 30 minutes in all. Add additional broth if needed to keep rice moist.
8. Add peas and mix thoroughly to warm through.
9. Stir in pepper and Parmesan and serve.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.