Ingredients:1 pound ground skinless turkey breast
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 medium onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup milk low-fat, (1%)
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
2 slices white bread, lightly toasted and made into coarse crumbs
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons water
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the meats with your hands or a large fork. Blend in the onion, garlic, and parsley set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg until frothy, about 1 minute. Add the milk, mustard, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and whisk to blend. Add the bread crumbs and let stand for 5 minutes.
4. Add the egg mixture to the meat mixture and blend well, about 1 minute. Spread evenly into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
5. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and water until blended. Spread on top of the meat. Bake until the meat is no longer pink, about 90 minutes.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.