Strawberry Pudding Cake
Strawberry shortcake in a pan. You are going to love this one.
|2 cups||strawberries, chopped|
|1 3/4 cups||sugar, divided|
|3 tablespoons||butter, softened|
|1 teaspoon||baking powder|
|1/2 to 2/3 cup||milk|
|1 teaspoon||vanilla extract|
|2/3 cup||boiling water|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 8 x 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
2. Rinse, hull, and chop strawberries. Place strawberries on bottom of baking pan.
3, Mix together ¾ cup sugar, butter, baking powder and salt. Add vanilla, ½ cup milk and 1 cup flour.
4. Add more milk if needed to get batter to a pourable consistency.
5. Pour batter over strawberries.
6. Mix 1 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch together and sprinkle over batter. Pour boiling water over top of batter.
7. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until desired consistency is reached. Cool on a wire rack before serving, 5-10 minutes