1. Slice the zucchini and carrots into long, flat pieces. Cut the cauliflower and broccoli into flowerets. Pat with paper towels to absorb any moisture.
2. To make the batter, beat the egg in a medium bowl, then add the ice water and stir. Add the flour and stir to form a thin, slightly lumpy batter.
3. Dip the vegetables in the batter. Let the excess drip back into the bowl. Place the coated vegetables on a platter.
4. Heat the oil in a pot over medium-high heat. (The oil is ready when a drop of batter sizzles in the pot.) Add the vegetables, but don’t crowd the pot. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the batter is golden brown.
5. Drain the vegetables on paper towels.
6. Serve the vegetables plain or with a sprinkling of soy sauce.
Fun with Tempura!
Tempura is also good with fruits, such as apples, apricots, bananas, and pears with some powdered sugar sprinkled on top.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.