1. Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
2. Place the slices in a large pot with enough water to cover by an inch or so. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are very tender. Drain in a colander.
3. Transfer the potatoes to a large mixing bowl, add the butter, and blend well with an electric mixer. Add the remaining ingredients and whip for 1 or 2 minutes until smooth and fluffy. If too thick, add more milk a little at a time.
4. Serve hot as is or topped with gravy.
* You can use a potato masher or ricer instead of an electric mixer.
* After mashing the potatoes, inspect for lumps. If you find some, mash a little more.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.