1. Cut the clean, unpeeled potato in half lengthwise. Then cut each half into 10 to 12 wedges. Pat the wedges with paper towels to absorb some of the starchy moisture.
2. Add enough oil in a small pot to cover the potato wedges, and place over medium?high heat. When the oil is hot, carefully add the potatoes. (The oil should bubble around the wedges. If it bubbles too furiously, reduce the heat a bit.) Stir to keep the wedges from sticking together.
3. Fry for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the wedges are light brown and crisp. Remove with a slo?ed spoon and drain on paper towels.
4. Shake on the paprika and salt. Enjoy hot!
* Be patient. These fries won’t cook as quickly as processed frozen fries, which have had most of the starch and moisture removed.
* For crispier fries, cut smaller wedges or julienne the potato.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.