Total Calories: 31
1. Rinse and drain the arame, then place in a medium saucepan with the apple juice. Let soak 10 minutes.
2. Bring the arame-apple juice mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Add the shoyu and simmer 5 minutes more. Drain the arame and let cool.
3. In a large salad bowl, combine the cooled arame, oranges, and watercress. Toss gently, garnish with almonds, and serve immediately.
For a Change . . .
* Substitute hijiki for the arame.
* Toss in some julienne-cut daikon.
* Instead of orange pieces, use grapefruit pieces and grapefruit juice, or apple pieces and apple juice. (If using apples, add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.)
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.