White Peach Lemonade
Recipe from the February 2011 Newsletter
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lavender flowers, optional
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste
- 3 to 4 lemons
- 2 to 3 white peaches or nectarines, pitted and chopped
1. Peel off the rind of your lemons in long strips. In a small saucepan over medium heat, dissolve sugar in water. When sugar is dissolved, add lemon rinds (and lavender flowers, if using). Bring to a slow simmer and cook gently for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let cool. Meanwhile, juice your lemons. When syrup is cool, strain and add 3 tablespoons to lemon juice. (You can always add more later).
3. Puree peach chunks, honey, and lemon juice mixture in a food processor or blender. Pour through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher.
4. Add water until it's diluted enough to drink. Add more honey or lemon syrup as needed. Serve over ice.February 2010 Newsletter
Be sure to check the Cook'n Recipe Archive for more recipes.