Homemade Pizza Sauce
Recipe from the March 2012 Newsletter
This sauce makes for a truly delicious pizza!
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomato
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
1. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until sauce reaches desired thickness.
3. Spread on prepared pizza dough and top with your choice of toppings.
4. Sauce may be refrigerated for up to 1 week.March 2012 Newsletter
Be sure to check the Cook'n Recipe Archive for more recipes.