Chinese Spinach Toss
Recipe from the March 2011 Newsletter
- 3 1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons fresh grated ginger root
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and stems removed
- 1 cup diced jicama
- 1 cup crisp chow mein noodles
Toss bean sprouts lightly with vinegar, oil, honey, soy sauce and fresh ginger. Chill at least 1 hour, tossing occasionally. Just before serving, add spinach and jicama. Toss gently to coat. Top each serving with crunchy chow mein noodles.
Serving Suggestion: For a main dish, add 12 oz. of cooked chicken, tuna or shrimp, cut into chunks.March 2010 Newsletter
Be sure to check the Cook'n Recipe Archive for more recipes.