Total Calories: 1,049.305
Yield: 12 as an appetizer or 6 as a meal
1. 5 hours before serving or night before: Mix together marinade ingredients in a large bowl for marinating.
2. Slice chicken into 2" x 1/2" strips. Thoroughly coat with marinade, cover and refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat BBQ grill or oven broiler. Position oven rack 6 inches from broiler.
4. 10 minutes before serving: If using any optional additions, mix with chicken and marinate a few minutes before assembling. (Over-exposure to the salty marinade causes vegetables to wilt.)
5. Using 6" bamboo skewers for appetizers*and 12" for dinner entrées, begin assembling kabobs. Pierce 1 end of the chicken strip, then hook it around and pierce the other end. Or pierce the whole strip lengthwise (use a weaving motion if desired). Alternate with the colorful vegetables if using. Broil or grill 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
6. Serve warm or cold on a lined tray of red-tipped lettuce leaves.