Total Calories: 1,690
Yield: 2 dozen
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat one or two 9" x 13" baking dishes with cooking spray.
2. Using a fork, mix applesauce, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg whites well in a large bowl.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, mix dry ingredients (minus oats) with a fork. Then add to the liquid ingredients. Using a large wooden spoon, stir well.
4. Add oats and mix.
5. Add chocolate chips and mix. Let dough sit about 10 min. Place dough in baking dishes. Lay a sheet of wax paper on top. Press dough out. Remove wax paper.
6. Bake 25 minutes. When you take the cookies out of the oven, they will look lightly browned on top and be soft to the touch. They will firm up as they cool. Then cut each pan into 24, equal-size bars. If keeping past 2 days, store cookies in refrigerator or freezer.