Total Calories: 84
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place an oven rack in the lower third of the oven. Fit a sheet of aluminum foil to the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square pan. Invert the pan and gently press the aluminum form into the pan to fit the contours.
2. TO MAKE THE CRUST: In a large bowl, blend the graham cracker crumbs and the sugar. Add the butter and blend thoroughly. Press the crumbs into the foil-lined pan and set aside.
3. TO MAKE THE FILLING: Sift the flour, salt, and baking soda onto a piece of waxed paper. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and stir in the water. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and let cool for about 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar, then the eggs and vanilla, just until blended. Add the flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Pour the filling into the crumb-lined pan, spreading evenly.
4. Bake for 30 minutes only. Remove from the oven and transfer the pan to a wire rack. Let cool completely.
5. TO MAKE THE TOPPING: Transfer the cake from the pan to a cutting board by lifting the foil by its edges. Cut a 6-inch square of parchment paper and roll it into a cone. Tape the sides closed and cut off the tip of the cone to make a small opening. Pour the chocolate into the cone and pipe zigzag lines over the filling. Cut the cookies into 1 1/2-inch squares. Center a mini marshmallow on each square, and pipe a tiny dot of chocolate in the center of each marshmallow.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Store at room temperature in one layer in a covered foil-lined cardboard container, such as a cake box, for up to 2 days.
From From Our House To Yours. Compilation copyright © 2002 by Chronicle Books LLC. Foreword copyright © 2002 by Joyce Goldstein. Photographs copyright © 2002 by E.J. Armstrong. All rights reserved. First published by Chronicle Books LLC, San Francisco, California.
This S'more Squares recipe is from the From Our House to Yours Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"Call it nutrition software, meal planning software, cooking software, recipe manager, or whatever you want. It is the software I use to stay healthy!"
"Your software is the best recipe organizer and menu planner out there!"
"Thank you so very much for creating such a wonderful cooking recipe program. I think this is the best recipe program there is!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.