Total Calories: 84
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place an oven rack in the lower third of the oven. Fit a sheet of aluminum foil to the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square pan. Invert the pan and gently press the aluminum form into the pan to fit the contours.
2. TO MAKE THE CRUST: In a large bowl, blend the graham cracker crumbs and the sugar. Add the butter and blend thoroughly. Press the crumbs into the foil-lined pan and set aside.
3. TO MAKE THE FILLING: Sift the flour, salt, and baking soda onto a piece of waxed paper. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and stir in the water. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and let cool for about 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar, then the eggs and vanilla, just until blended. Add the flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Pour the filling into the crumb-lined pan, spreading evenly.
4. Bake for 30 minutes only. Remove from the oven and transfer the pan to a wire rack. Let cool completely.
5. TO MAKE THE TOPPING: Transfer the cake from the pan to a cutting board by lifting the foil by its edges. Cut a 6-inch square of parchment paper and roll it into a cone. Tape the sides closed and cut off the tip of the cone to make a small opening. Pour the chocolate into the cone and pipe zigzag lines over the filling. Cut the cookies into 1 1/2-inch squares. Center a mini marshmallow on each square, and pipe a tiny dot of chocolate in the center of each marshmallow.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Store at room temperature in one layer in a covered foil-lined cardboard container, such as a cake box, for up to 2 days.
From From Our House To Yours. Compilation copyright © 2002 by Chronicle Books LLC. Foreword copyright © 2002 by Joyce Goldstein. Photographs copyright © 2002 by E.J. Armstrong. All rights reserved. First published by Chronicle Books LLC, San Francisco, California.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.