1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to mix well and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and blend well. Add the flour mixture and mix at low speed just until incorporated, scraping down the sides as needed. Stir in the oats, about 1 cup at a time, just until incorporated, then stir in the raisins.
4. Using a No. 20 (1/4-cup) ice-cream scoop, scoop up level portions of the dough and place them about 3 inches apart on the prepared pan until the sheet is full. (Cover the remaining dough tightly with plastic wrap to prevent drying out and set aside until forming the next batch of cookies.)
5. Bake until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned and the centers are set, about 18 minutes.
6. Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack to cool for a few minutes, then, using a spatula, transfer the cookies directly to the rack and let cool completely.
7. Repeat to use the remaining dough.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Prepare through Step 3 up to 3 hours ahead, cover, and refrigerate for up to 2 days, or prepare through Step 4 and freeze scoops of dough in self-sealing freezer bags for up to 1 month. After baking, store the cookies in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
From From Our House To Yours. Compilation copyright © 2002 by Chronicle Books LLC. Foreword copyright © 2002 by Joyce Goldstein. Photographs copyright © 2002 by E.J. Armstrong. All rights reserved. First published by Chronicle Books LLC, San Francisco, California.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.