Total Calories: 342
1. Arrange the bread cubes on a baking pan and let sit uncovered overnight to dry. In a small bowl, soak the cherries in the Cognac overnight to soften.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from over water. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, cream, sour cream or crème fraîche, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth. Whisk in the warm chocolate. Fold in the bread and the cherries with Cognac. Let stand until the bread fully absorbs the custard and no white from the bread is showing. This may take up to 2 hours. Divide the mixture among six 10-ounce individual soufflé dishes or one 2-quart soufflé dish. Place the soufflé dish(es) in a large roasting pan. Fill the pan halfway with boiling water.
4. Bake until the pudding is puffed up and set to the touch, about 35-40 minutes. Carefully remove from the dishes and cool slightly.
5. In a small bowl, whisk the crème fraîche and powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Put a large dollop on top of each serving and garnish with a sprig of mint. Serve warm.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Prepare through Step 4. Let cool completely, cover, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
TO REHEAT: Reheat in a preheated 350°F oven for about 6 to 8 minutes before serving. Proceed with Step 5.
From From Our House To Yours. Compilation copyright © 2002 by Chronicle Books LLC. Foreword copyright © 2002 by Joyce Goldstein. Photographs copyright © 2002 by E.J. Armstrong. All rights reserved. First published by Chronicle Books LLC, San Francisco, California.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.