Total Calories: 191
1. Rinse the tofu under cold running water and drain. Place a cutting board on a slight incline in the sink. Place the tofu on the cutting board and put a heavy plate or pot lid on top of it to press out the excess liquid. This will take about 30 minutes. Cut each piece of tofu horizontally in half, then cut each resultant piece in half crosswise. Lay the pieces flat on the edge of the cutting board. Holding the blade of a paring knife parallel to the cutting board, cut a deep pocket in one side of each piece of tofu. Set aside while you prepare the filling.
2. Combine the cilantro, mint, scallion, chile, lemon juice, oil, and salt in a mini chopper or spice mill and process to a coarse paste. Spoon equal amounts of this paste into the pocket in each piece of tofu.
3. Prepare the marinade. Combine the garlic, ginger, chile, oil, and water in a mini chopper or spice mill and process to a smooth paste. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the paprika, coriander, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon salt, yogurt, cream, cilantro, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Taste for seasoning adding cayenne, salt, and lemon juice as necessary the marinade should be highly seasoned. Pour one third of the marinade over the bottom of a nonreactive baking dish and place the tofu pieces on top. Pour the remaining marinade over the tofu. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 4 hours.
4. Preheat the grill to high.
5. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Remove the tofu from the marinade and arrange the pieces on the hot grate. Grill, turning carefully with a spatula, until nicely browned and thoroughly heated through, about 4 minutes per side. Brush the tofu once or twice with melted butter as it grills. Transfer the tofu to serving plates or a platter and brush once more with melted butter before serving.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.