Total Calories: 48
1. Rinse the tofu under cold running water and drain. Place a cutting board on a slight incline in the sink. Place the tofu on the cutting board and put a heavy plate or pot lid on top of it to press out the excess liquid. This will take about 30 minutes.
2. If desired, set up the grill for grateless grilling. Preheat the grill to high.
3. Combine the miso, mirin, sake, sugar, and mayonnaise in the top of a double boiler and whisk until smooth. Cook the sauce over gently simmering water until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes.
4. Cut each piece of tofu horizontally in half, then cut each of the resultant pieces in half crosswise. Push 2 skewers through each piece of tofu, starting at one narrow end.
5. When ready to cook, arrange the tofu on the grill as described in the grateless method or oil the grill grate and arrange the tofu directly on it. Grill, turning with a spatula, until lightly browned on each side, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Brush with miso glaze as the tofu cooks. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.