Total Calories: 177
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. If using lobster tails, cut them in half lengthwise with kitchen scissors or a sharp, heavy knife use a fork to remove the intestinal vein running the length of the tail. If using live lobsters, kill each by inserting a sharp knife in the back of the head between the eyes this will dispatch them instantly. Cut the lobsters in half lengthwise and remove the vein and the papery gray sac from the head. Break off the claws and crack with a nutcracker. Set aside, covered in the refrigerator, while you prepare the Creole sauce.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons of the lard in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots, scallions, garlic, parsley, and thyme and sauté until the shallots and scallions are lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the ketchup, water, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently, uncovered, until the sauce is thickened and nicely flavored, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper, lime juice, or hot pepper sauce as necessary the sauce should be highly seasoned.
4. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons lard in a small saucepan over low heat and brush over the cut sides of the lobster tails or lobsters.
5. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange the lobsters with the claws (if any), cut sides down, on the hot grill grate and grill for 6 to 8 minutes. Turn, using tongs, and spoon on the Creole sauce, dividing evenly. Grill the lobsters on the shell sides until the flesh is firm and white, 6 to 8 minutes more.
6. Transfer the lobster tails or lobsters to serving plates or a platter and serve immediately.
Note: Lard may seem like a strange, even off-putting ingredient, but it’s often used for basting at French barbecues. Here it is used as a base for Caribbean lobster seasoning. You can certainly substitute melted butter or oil.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.