Total Calories: 507
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Cut the eggplant, zucchini, and squash lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Stem, seed, and quarter the peppers. Quarter the onion, leaving the root end attached to each piece. (The root will help the onion hold together during grilling.)
3. Prepare the basting mixture. Combine the oil, lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl. If using dried rosemary, add it directly to the oil.
4. When ready to cook, brush the vegetable slices with the oil mixture, using the rosemary sprig as a basting brush. If you don’t have fresh rosemary, use a pastry brush. Arrange each vegetable on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until nicely browned, 3 to 6 minutes per side. Brush the vegetables once or twice with the oil mixture and season with salt and pepper as they cook. Transfer the vegetables to a platter to cool. Cut the root end off the onion wedges and break the layers apart.
5. Cut the bread crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Split each piece lengthwise in half as for a sandwich. Place the bottom halves of the bread on your work surface, brush with any remaining oil mixture, and spread with half the goat cheese. Arrange the eggplant, zucchini, squash, pepper, and onion slices over the goat cheese. Spread the remaining goat cheese over the cut sides of the other pieces of bread and place, cheese side down, on the vegetables. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve warm or at room temperature.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.