Total Calories: 382
1. Rinse the prawns under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Thread the prawns lengthwise onto the skewers, dividing evenly and threading a chunk of onion and a piece of pepper between each. Place the brochettes on a platter and set aside while you prepare the marinade.
2. Combine the lime juice, oil, garlic, and salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to mix. Brush some of the mixture over the brochettes and reserve the remainder for brushing on later. Cover the brochettes loosely with plastic wrap and let marinate, in the refrigerator, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. While the brochettes marinate, prepare the beurre blanc. Combine the wine, vinegar, shallots, and colombo powder in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to mix in the colombo powder. Boil this mixture, uncovered, until only 1/4 cup liquid remains, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the cream and boil, uncovered, until only 1/4 cup liquid remains, another 2 to 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter, one piece at a time, whisking continuously to obtain an emulsified sauce. Wait until each piece is thoroughly incorporated before adding the next. Once all the butter is incorporated, remove the pan from the heat do not allow the sauce to boil or it may curdle. Taste for seasoning, adding salt, pepper, or curry powder as necessary the sauce should be highly seasoned. Set the sauce aside until serving time, keeping it warm on a shelf over the stove or in a pan of hot (not boiling) water. Do not place it over direct heat or it may curdle.
5. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange the brochettes on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until the shells on the prawns turn bright red and the meat is opaque, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Brush the brochettes with the reserved marinade once or twice during grilling.
6. Using a fork, slide the prawns and vegetables off the skewers onto serving plates and serve immediately, accompanied by the beurre blanc.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.