Total Calories: 186
1. Cut each shrimp in half lengthwise, starting at the underside and cutting to but not through the top shell. Fold the shrimp open and devein, then rinse under cold running water. Drain and blot dry with paper towels. Place the shrimp in a nonreactive baking dish and sprinkle with the oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat the grill to high.
3. While the shrimp marinate, prepare the taratoor. Combine the tahini, garlic, 1/2 cup lemon juice, and parsley in a small bowl and whisk to mix, then whisk in enough warm water to obtain a pourable sauce. Taste for seasoning, adding lemon juice and salt and pepper as necessary the sauce should be highly seasoned. Transfer the sauce to 4 ramekins, dividing evenly, and set aside until serving time.
4. Remove the shrimp from the baking dish, reserving any marinade. Lay each shrimp flat and pin open crosswise with 2 skewers, one each, top and bottom.
5. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange the shrimp, cut side down, on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until nicely browned on the outside and firm and pink inside, about 2 minutes per side. Brush once or twice with any reserved marinade while cooking.
6. Protecting your hands with a pita bread, unskewer the shrimp onto serving plates or a platter and serve accompanied by the taratoor for dipping.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.