Total Calories: 186
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Using a paring knife, peel or scrape any reddish skin off the octopus. (You probably won’t need to do this, as most octopus comes already cleaned.) Leave the legs whole, but cut the body in quarters. Rinse the octopus under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels.
3. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange the octopus pieces on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until nicely charred (but not quite burnt) on all sides, 3 to 6 minutes per side, (6 to 12 minutes in all).
4. Transfer the octopus to a cutting board and cut it into bite-size pieces. Place the pieces in a serving bowl.
5. Combine 2 tablespoons vinegar, the lemon juice, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, the pepper, oil, and parsley in a small bowl and whisk to mix, then pour over the octopus and toss to coat. Let marinate for at least 5 minutes and up to 30 (the octopus can be served warm or at room temperature). Taste for seasoning, adding salt or vinegar as necessary the octopus should be highly seasoned. Serve accompanied by lemon wedges for squeezing.
Serves 4 to 6
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.