Total Calories: 783
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Scrub the mussels under cold running water, discarding any with cracked shells or shells that fail to close when tapped. Using a needlenose pliers, pull out and discard any clumps of threads that gather at the hinges of the mussels.
3. Melt the butter in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper and sauté until the garlic is softened but not browned, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer the garlic-parsley butter to 4 small bowls, one for each person for dipping.
4. If you have a fish or vegetable grate, preheat it on the grill grate for 5 minutes, then arrange the mussels on it, rounded side down (see Note). Otherwise, arrange the mussels directly on the grate. Grill until the shells open, 2 to 5 minutes if you cover the grill, somewhat longer if you don’t.
5. Transfer the mussels to serving bowls, discarding any that didn’t open. To eat, remove the mussels from the shells with your fingers or a small seafood fork and dip them into the garlic-parsley butter. Provide a platter or plates for the discarded shells.
Note: If you look at a mussel closely, you will see it has a rounded and a flat side.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.