Total Calories: 174
1. Cut each shrimp lengthwise through the belly almost all the way through to the back shell and devein. Spread the halves open but leave attached and in the shell. Rinse the shrimp under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Set aside while you prepare the vinegar marinade.
2. Combine the vinegar, apricot nectar, and lemon juice in a nonreactive baking dish large enough to hold the shrimp in one layer. Add the shrimp, cut side down, and let marinate, at room temperature, for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the yogurt marinade: Combine the yogurt, cayenne, garlic, ginger, cloves, and salt in a large nonreactive bowl and whisk to blend. Add the shrimp, turning to coat, then cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the grill to high.
5. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Remove the shrimp from the marinade, discarding the marinade, and arrange the shrimp, cut sides down, on the hot grate. Grill for 2 minutes, then turn, using tongs, and grill until nicely browned on the outside and firm and pink inside, 2 to 4 minutes more. Brush the shrimp once or twice with the melted butter as they cook.
6. Transfer the shrimp to a platter. Make sure the area is clear of flammable material and that no one is standing too close. Roll back your sleeves and tie back your hair if necessary. Gently warm the rum, over very low heat, in a small saucepan do not let it boil or even get hot. Remove the pan from the heat and, averting your face and using a long match, ignite the rum. Very carefully pour it over the shrimp and serve immediately.
Note: Lobster tails also work well in this recipe. Prepare 4 lobster tails as directed for the shrimp in step 1 and marinate as directed, first in the vinegar mixture and then in the yogurt. Grill as directed, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.