Total Calories: 122
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Tenderize the conch steaks by pounding them with a meat mallet or rolling pin to a 1/4-inch thickness. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
3. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange the steaks on the hot grate and quickly grill, turning with tongs, about 1 minute per side. (The idea here is to leave grill marks on the conch and impart a charcoaled flavor.) Transfer the steaks to a platter to cool.
4. Cut four 12 3 8-inch sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place 1 large or 2 small conch steaks in the center of each piece.
5. Combine the onion, garlic, and chile in a bowl, then place 3 to 4 tablespoons of this mixture on top of each steak. Drizzle each steak with 1/2 tablespoon lime juice and top with 1 tablespoon butter. Bring the sides of the foil up over the top and pleat to make an airtight package. Wrap the remaining conch steaks the same way.
6. When ready to cook, arrange the foil packages on the hot grate and grill until the conch is cooked through and tender, about 5 minutes (a metal skewer inserted into the conch through the foil will be very hot when withdrawn).
7. Open the foil packages and slide the conch steaks, with their topping, onto plates. (Or let everyone unwrap their own bundle. But warn them to avoid the escaping steam.) Serve the conch steaks with wedges of lime for squeezing.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.